Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Within 48 hours of a leak, flood or any type of water damage in your home, mold spores can begin to develop. Unless you're very quick to eliminate that kind of moisture in your home, it's worth checking things out and ensuring that any mold that might have developed is removed in a safe and effective way.
In most cases, this means that you'll have to do more than Google "how to clean mold," grab a bottle of bleach and start scrubbing. In order to effectively remove mold and ensure that you don't inadvertently spread it to other areas of your home, you'll need the proper training, protective gear and specialized equipment.
That's why so many people in Western New York turn to SERVPRO of The Southtowns for their mold cleaning and remediation needs. Our certified technicians have years of experience dealing with everything from minor mold growth to major remediation projects, and we'd be happy to guide you through the process.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (716) 646-6684
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of The Southtowns for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of The Southtowns has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Lake Erie Beach
- East Aurora
- Orchard Park