Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Everyone knows that they should avoid biohazards, but many people are not aware of exactly that those biohazards might be.
The most common biohazard cleanups that we perform here at SERVPRO of The Southtowns include sewer backups, flood water, blood, bodily fluids and hoarding situations.
These scenarios require specialized training and equipment in order to ensure that they are properly, and safely, cleaned up. Without adequate knowledge and training, it can be next to impossible to actually eliminate the threats that biohazards face.
Don't go it alone - trust the biohazard cleaning professionals at SERVPRO of The Southtowns. Call 716-646-6684 to schedule your free biohazard estimate.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (716) 646-6684
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of The Southtowns has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Lake Erie Beach
- East Aurora
- Orchard Park