Biohazard Exposures are More Common Than You Think
Did you know that you could be exposed to biohazards everyday in places that you least expect? Places like your workplace, schools and even your doctor’s office put you at risk. These situations need to be handled with extreme caution.
Examples of biohazards include:
- Human blood and blood products
- Animal waste
- Human bodily fluids
- Microbiological wastes
- Pathological wastes
- Sharps wastes
According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control) there are four levels of biohazards
- Level 1: Agents that pose minimal threat to humans and environment.
- Level 2: Agents that can cause severe illness in humans and are transmitted through direct contact with infected material.
- Level 3: Pathogens that can become airborne and can cause serious disease.
- Level 4: Pathogens that pose a high risk of life-threatening disease for which there are no treatments.
Should you find yourself in a situation where you are exposed to any of these biohazards materials, give the experts at SERVPRO of The Southtowns a call at 716-646-6684 to safely clean and sanitize the affected area.