Rain Rain Go Away
Increased rain during the fall and early winter seasons in the Buffalo area often causes an increase of water damaged basements due to failed sump pumps and overwhelmed storm drains.
If you discover water damage in your home, the experts at SERVPRO of The Southtowns are Here to Help.
Time is key when it comes to stopping and restoring water damage.
SERVPRO of The Southtowns recommends these helpful tips until help arrives:
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and table top items.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible. Hang furs and leather goods to dry seperatly at room temperature.
- Leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors.
- Use TVs or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
If you do experience water damage anywhere in your home, please call the professionals at SERVPRO of The Southtowns immediately at 716-646-6684. Time is crucial when dealing with water damage, so do not delay.