Recent General Posts
New York Insurance CONTINUING EDUCATION
Insurance CE class sponsored by SERVPRO of The Southtowns
Topic: “Property Fire & Smoke Damage Mitigation & Restoration”
Presented By: Robkat, Inc.
Provider # NYPO-100256
Course # NYCR-259586
Date: November 1, 2018
Class Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
32 Main Ave.
Hamburg, NY 14075
Credit: 3 hours for PC and BR Licenses
Robkat course fee: $60.00 (Fee waived by SERVPRO)
Complimentary Breakfast Included (8:30 AM – 9:00 AM)
What Will You Learn?
- The material costs of fire damage losses in the State of New York.
- Cause of fires and preventative measures.
- The effect of fire and smoke on structure surfaces and contents.
- The factors that determine restoration and salvage.
- The testing processes necessary to determine restoration vs. replacement.
- The processes utilized to restore smoke-damaged walls, floors, hardwood, and carpet. & fabrics
- When ancillary services, including move-outs, dry cleaning, duct cleaning, and specialty restoration processes, are required.
- How to deal with the in-shock, difficult, or uncooperative insured.
- How commercial Disaster Recovery and Emergency Response plans can reduce fire loss costs for both insurance carrier and insured.
Register today by emailing Jocelin @ sales@SERVPROthesouthtowns.com with your licence information.
We Have So Much More To Offer...
We offer several other services besides Fire and Water Mitigation and Restoration!
Sure you know SERVPRO of The Southtowns for Fire Restoration and Water Mitigation. Because unfortunetly, fire damage happens when you least expect it and sprinklers and pipes brake at 2 am. But did you know SERVPRO of The Southtowns can help you with so much MORE?
Mold Remediation-Because spraying bleach does NOT kill mold!
Biohazard Cleanup-Yes we’re talking about blood, crime scene and sewage.
Post Construction Cleaning-Because construction is a dirty job.
Catastrophic Storm Response-Hurricanes, Blizzards, Tornadoes, Oh my!
Environmental and Hazmat Services-Spills happen, we clean it up.
Document Restoration-For when that storage area, where all the files are kept, is underwater.
Odor Identification and Restoration-When you start avoiding a room because of the smell.
Move Out and Content Inventory-For when contents need to be packed up and moved after a loss.
Six Simple Tips For Staying Warm Without Turning Up The Thermostat
The subzero temperatures are bad enough, now National Fuel has asked homes and businesses to turn down the thermostat by five degrees. While we can’t help with the low fuel crisis, we can give you some helpful tips on how to stay warm this winter that won’t require you to turn up the heat.
- Warm yourself up first-It is easier to change your body temperature than it is to change the temperature of the room. Not to mention it is more eco-friendly. So put another layer of clothing on before you consider turning up the thermostat.
- Wear a hat-You lose heat from any surface that is exposed, that includes your head. Putting a hat on helps keep in body heat, even if you are inside.
- Turn on the ceiling fan-Warm air rises, so turn on the ceiling fan at the lowest setting (in a clockwise direction) to push the warm air back down and help circulate it through the room.
- Use a pool noodle to help block door drafts-Simply cut the noodle in half lengthwise, wrap it in fabric and slide it under the door. It helps keep the cold air out, and the warm air in.
- Change up your curtains-By replacing your thin curtains with a thicker curtain, such as wool or fleece, they will help hold in more warm air. Remember to keep your curtains open on a sunny day to let more heat in, and keep them closed at night to keep that heat trapped inside.
- Properly layer your covers-The big, fluffy blankets should be closer to your skin, and thin dense blankets should be layered on top to prevent heat from escaping.
Give these tips a try, and let us know what you think of them on our Facebook page @SERVPROofTheSouthtowns.
Why Choose SERVPRO - National Name, Local Roots
SERVPRO® is the number one restoration company in the country with over 1,700 franchise nation wide.
We are proud to be a part of a national brand, but as franchise, we are equally proud to have local roots.
Our customers get twice the benefit. By using the SERVPRO® brand you know you are getting the experience and expertise of the largest restoration company. We have the unique opportunity to be able to call on franchises across the country to help during storm time
And our customers can also feel good that by using SERVPRO® they are supporting local business owners who live, work, and are invested in the communities they live in.
SERVPRO® was founded in 1967 in Sacramento, CA by Ted and Doris Isaacson.
Your local SERVPRO® of The Southtowns has been owned by Thom and Lyn Braun since 1995.
Why Choose SERVPRO - We Clean That
You know us for Fire and Water, but we do so much more!
(Because fire damage happens when you least expect it)
(When the sprinklers go off or a pipe breaks)
(Making the work and living spaces healthy again)
(Yeah, I’m talking about blood, crime scene, and sewage)
Post Construction Cleaning
(Because construction is a dirty job)
Catastrophic Storm Response
(Hurricanes and blizzards and tornadoes, oh my)
Environmental and Hazmat Services
(Spills happen, we clean it up)
(That storage area, where all the files are kept, underwater)
Odor Identification and Deodorization
(What is that smell?!)
Move out and Content Inventory
(When contents need to be stored after a loss)
No matter what you are facing, we will make it “Like it never even happened”
Here to Help
SERVPRO of The Southtowns
SERVPRO® of The Southtowns
Here to Help
SERVPRO® is the premier restoration company in the country with nearly 1,700 franchises reaching into all 50 states and Canada. This gives us a distinct advantage. During high volume storm time we are able to call on other franchises across the country for additional resources and equipment if needed.
NATIONAL NAME, LOCAL ROOTS:
Though SERVPRO® is nationally known, we have local owners. Lyn and Thom Braun, have run SERVPRO® of The Southtowns for over 20 years and have been staples in the Buffalo community. Their company has grown into the largest restoration provider in Western New York. There is literally no job too large; we have experience working on schools, hospitals, hotels, as well as many other large loss structures.
24/7 EMERGENCY RESPONSE:
Our standard guarantee is that 24/7 we are ready for action. In after hours situations we have a live answering service and you will receive a call back in less than one hour from one of the managers. In less than 4 hours crews will be onsite for emergencies.
SERVPRO® of The Southtowns has built long standing local and national relationships with insurance adjusters and insurance companies. We adhere to all insurance regulations and procedures for claim management.
For Immediate Service in Buffalo, Call SERVPRO
We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO® of The Southtowns provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Buffalo. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 716-646-6684
Whether your Buffalo home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Buffalo commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: Commercial Services
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Western New York Home
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of The Southtowns is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of The Southtowns
SERVPRO of The Southtowns specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Over 1700 SERVPRO Franchises!
Over 1700 SERVPRO Franchises strong
Something to celebrate! SERVPRO has crossed the 1700 franchise mark! We are proud to be part of a network that spans the entire United States and into Canada.
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Call on the name you know you can trust whenever you experience Fire or water damage. For nearly 50 years the SERVPRO name has been the leader in customer satisfaction and innovation within the restoration industry.
Your local franchise in Western New York has been owned by Thom and Lyn Braun since 1995, we are here for you 24/7!
NYS CE Class : Water Damage: Risk, Diagnosis, & Mitigation
Location: J&M's West End Inn, 340 Union St, Hamburg
Date: May 11, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
What Will You Learn?
· The significance of water damage for Property-Casualty insurers.
· Causes & effects of excessive moisture on structure, contents, and health.
· How quickly microbial (mold) growth can appear as a result of excessive moisture.
· What your insured experiences with a water loss.
· Emergency tips that can be given by phone, to the insured, to keep the loss at a minimum.
· Changes to water damage mitigation protocols.
· How fast action, in handling water loss claims, will save money & property.
· The procedures that mitigation companies utilize to detect, mitigate, and document water losses.
· The state-of-the-art equipment is now used in mitigating water damage.
· How ground water and sewage claims are handled.
· Special restorative techniques for documents, electronics, and artwork.
Celebrating 20 Years!
This year Thom and Lyn Braun are celebrating 20 years of success! Congratulations on receiving the 2015 Chairman's Bronze Award from SERVPRO Industries for Outstanding Sales Performance.